On 11/12/2009 10:53 AM, Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Thursday 12 November 2009 17:42:07 Andrew Benton wrote:
>> On 12/11/09 15:50, Larry Finger wrote:
>>> Sorry about the kernel mismatch. I developed that patch while offline and
>>> waiting at an auto repair place and forgot to refresh my sources before
>>> sending
>>> it. The revised version that Michael sent should work. If not, please let me
>>> know and I will send an updated version.
>>
>> Indeed, it works. I've just been browsing for more than an hour with no
>> problems or error messages in the syslog. I've got to do some housework
>> now. I'll test it some more later.
>> Thanks!
>
> Ehm, this patch is not supposed to fix anything. It's just a debugging patch
> that's
> more verbose in the failure case.

I guess I'm a failure at writing diagnostic patches. Until there is a DMA error,
the only effect of the patch is to add a little extra time to the routine that
fills in the descriptor structure, and it adds to the data and code size. If any
of those changes have the effect of "fixing" your problem, then we have severe
difficulties. I expect that you will get the error sooner or later.

Larry