Michael,

I now have MMIO traces after modprobe of wl and b43, both after a fresh cold
reboot. There are many similaries (of course), but some differences that could
be important in the DMA errors.

In both dumps, I see the code advancing through the cores. I don't see the PCI
configuration read/writes, thus I don't see the core selection. Once the
SSB_IDHIGH register has the correct value for the 802.11 core, I see the code
read the SPROM. In Broadcom's driver, I see additional read/write cycles that do
not happen in b43, but I cannot identify the target registers. The operations in
question are:

read16  base+0x0800 -> 0x2801
write16 base+0x0800 <- 0x3801
read16  base+0x280a -> 0x6dbe
write16 base+0x280a <- 0xedbe

Any idea what is located at offsets 0x0800 and 0x280a? Nothing in the b43 dump
reads or writes either of those locations.

Larry