On Tue, February 23, 2010 4:57 pm, Larry Finger wrote:

> What I do know is that the BCM4318 does work with WPA/WPA2, although my
> device
> is Cardbus format in an old laptop. Using Broadcom's proprietary firmware,
> as
> you seem to be doing, the encryption/decryption is done in the hardware.

The issues seems to be with the version of wireless utils in the latest
openwrt snapshot.  Sure looked like a driver issue,though.

> I'm a little confused on your usage of the device. As an AP, I see no need
> scan. Are you using it as a station, or as a wireless bridge? In these
> modes,
> would not the bridging code to eth0 get in the way?

I am using it in STA mode.

I set up a separate network for the wireless and do not use bridging.  I
have to "wan" ports in effect - one for the wireless and one for wired.  I
don't use the wired port.

It works quite well (or did, until I tried the b43 drivers at which point
I also got the broken version of iwconfig/iwlist.)

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.