On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 17:22:26 +0000
Chris Vine <ch...@cvine.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> I have noticed that although my BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] wireless
> device works using the PIO option in 2.6.33, it breaks after a suspend
> or hibernate.  Attempts to bring up the wlan0 interface with
> 'ifconfig wlan0 up' after suspension or hibernation results in the
> following message (although nothing is revealed by dmesg):
>
>   SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132
>
> If I unload all wireless and related modules before suspending or
> hibernating, and then reload them on resuming, I get more information
> from dmesg, namely that it thinks that the wireless has been turned
> off by the rfkill button, which it definitely has not:

[snip]

I am still getting this with kernel-2.6.33.1 and I have also managed to
reproduce a suspension writing to CMOS in a way which permanently
disables my wireless unless I reset the BIOS to its defaults.

This may not be the write mailing list to report this true.  If so,
what would be the correct one - the acpi list?

Chris