You need to install the following packages too.
mysql-*.rpm
mysql-server-*.rpm

`Jamil



Going around in circles. wrote:

>I mention before that the rpm can't find mysql as it is not installed in the 
>default path.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] u01]# rpm -ivh php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5.i386.rpm
>warning: php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 
>db42a60e
>error: Failed dependencies:
>        mysql is needed by php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5
>        libmysqlclient.so.10 is needed by php-mysql-4.2.2-8.0.5
>
>~/Ovi
>
>
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: S M Ibrahim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [email protected]
>Date: Friday, August 19, 2005 9:54 PM
>Subject: Re: [bdlug] PHP for the MySQL support
>
>  
>
>>I am sure, all the needed rpm are available on the RH-8 installation CD. It 
>>works for me. There is a rpm that make the needed changes. Search them on 
>>your installation CD. :)
>>
>>On 8/18/05, Going around in circles. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>    
>>
>>>>Hi,
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>I am trying to configure PHP for the MySQL support. I am using redhat 
>>>      
>>>
>>8.0
>>    
>>
>>>with 2.4.18-14 kernel
>>>      
>>>
>>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] script]# uname -a
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>Linux Server 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002 i686 i686 i386
>>>GNU/Linux
>>>      
>>>
>>>>MySQL was installed from the source in /usr/local/mysql/ directory and 
>>>>        
>>>>
>>the
>>    
>>
>>>version is 4.1.8
>>>      
>>>
>>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] script]# /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin -V
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin Ver 8.41 Distrib 4.1.8, for pc-linux on
>>>i686
>>>      
>>>
>>>>PHP was installed with OS and the version is
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] script]# rpm -qa | grep php
>>>php-4.2.2-8.0.5
>>>php-imap-4.2.2-8.0.5
>>>php-ldap-4.2.2-8.0.5
>>>      
>>>
>>>>Now I want to configure PHP to support MySQL. I found some rpms in the 
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>net,
>>>but these rpms cannot find mysql. I also tried to uninstall PHP and > 
>>>      
>>>
>>install
>>    
>>
>>>a new version of PHP from source. But PHP has some dependencies.
>>>      
>>>
>>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] script]# rpm -e php
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>error: Failed dependencies:
>>>php = 4.2.2-8.0.5 is needed by (installed) php-imap-4.2.2-8.0.5
>>>php = 4.2.2-8.0.5 is needed by (installed) php-ldap-4.2.2-8.0.5
>>>      
>>>
>>>>I know, I have remove above two to remove PHP. But I am not sure what 
>>>>        
>>>>
>>will
>>    
>>
>>>be the effect of removing php-ldap and php-imap in the system.
>>>      
>>>
>>>>I need help.
>>>>~/Ovi
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>--
>>S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu)
>>http://www.smibrahim.tk
>>    
>>



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/hYOolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To unsubscribe send a blank mail to:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bdlug/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to