Hey Storch, good news about your BD strawberry production
this year.

You had sent an email asking if I'd heard of strawberry
production trends for the Northeast.  No, nothing in
particular. You are closer to the action, geographically.

The New York Growing Degree-Day tracker says that
this growing season is definitely unusual, with cool, wet
weather...... "Definitely not your typical summer!"

The New York Growing Degree-Day Tracker
http://www.entomology.cornell.edu/Extension/Woodys/GDDtracker.htm

You can get in touch with Cornell berry people for updates,
through:

The Cornell Berry Team
http://www.hort.cornell.edu/extension/commercial/fruit/beriteam.html

Can you please post your BD spray program again.
I'm sure many growers will also like to see it.

Are there any practical details that go along with you spray
program?.... for example:

*time of day for each sequential spray application

*where the BD preps are directed... broadcast sprays onto
the soil, foliar applications to the crop, up into the air.... etc.

Some day I'd like to visit your farm and see all the brews and
methods, to observe crop health and soil humus, and to listen
to how you put this all together.

Best regards,

Steve Diver

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

This past April, May and June were about the rainiest on record for the northeast [usa] with only half the days for the three months having any strong sunshine.
I did my usual spray program for strawberries [which I posted previously]. Our berries began picking the first week of June and went through 6-7 July. Although they did not have the heat and sun to be as amazing as they usually are we had them to pick. No other local farmers did. The power of bd continues to amaze me...sstorch