Well, you aren't a taker anymore, Kym! Thanks for contributing some
'glop to the grop'!

At the Mid-Atlantic Biodynamic Food and Farming Conference a few
years back Hugh Courtney set up a remarkable demonstration. He had
students dig two fresh raised beds. One he sprinkled WATER onto, on
the other he sprinkled STIRRED BARREL COMPOST. He'd hae someone rake
both beds with a hard rake and then he would sprinkle again. After
the third sprinkling, and not that many minutes, it was obvious that
the pull of the rake was completely different on the barrel compost
treated bed. As you said, it was 'soft,' there was a 'smoother
resistance' to the rake. It was one of the clearest demonstratons I
have seen of how effective the preps are. what's even more amazing is
that the pull of the rake on the treated bed was 'just right,' every
experience grower knew that the feel of the soil in the treated bed
was preferable.

I think we all owe Elaine Ingham a big THANK YOU for taking the time
she did to answer questions for the BD Now! I'm always working to get
outstanding people to speak directly with BD Now! Right now I'm
negotiating to get US first lady Laura Bush to come on and explain
why she sucker punched the President while he was eating pretzels and
watching tv last weekend! I'm open to suggestions and nominations by
the group, for sure!

Thanks for breaking your silence, Kym!

-Allan