In a message dated 2/23/02 11:13:41 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Steve - I've always been very happy using 508 as an anti-fungal
spray. I feel I've gotten incredible results using it that way. I
assume you are recommending using it to knock back undesireable
fungal populations before you innoculate with a manure-based prep.
What sort of timeframe are you working with? I assume 24-hrs w.b.
enough. This should make me REALLY re-think some of my rotational
sprayings, shouldn't it? ;-)

what say? >>

508 is not anti-fungal...it sets up the environment for beneficial fungus to
grow.  So if you are making compost tea, sfweb style, add equisetum and you
have beneficial fungus in your tea, do not add equisetum and you get a less
desirable result.  Use equisetum in your barrel compost and you will have
incredible populations of beneficial fungus that will spread through your
soils when you spray.  I think SFWeb sez that it is three days in the tea
brewer to reach maximum populations of fungus...sstorch