Permaculturists have been discussing the gardens in Afghanistan
quesion for some time, but noone seems to know what the state of land
ownership is in Afghanistan.

Does anyone here know?

Sending seeds to Afghanistan is great. It's even better to see such
generous outreach from friens who were talking about keeping their
energies at home jut a few days ago!

What we also need to consider in our hearts is that the region that
is now Afghanistan was the ground from which many of our garden
staples arose. The carrot for one, but many others. I've also heard
stories of hillsides in Afghanistan on which APPLE TREES are dominant
species...how wonderful!

What's with the U.N.? The FAO pages always seem so very impressive,
but does anything ever get done??

-Allan