From: Manfred Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Saturday, March 02, 2002 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: Copper garden tools, ..still

Folks :
I checked with Lee Valley Tools, and apparently they don't carry the copper-button Hoe anymore. I've requested info on their old stock. I remember it more as a large copper rivet.... whose sloughing-off would be much less imposing than sprinkling around filings of copper, methinks.
I did not purchase one at the time because i could not reconcile Frank's similar concern with any copper in the ground without a basis in existing presence , ....and the voluminous amount --suggested by Schauberger-via -Steve --thru the use of several plowshares at a time.
Frank, Steve, : does it repulse worms/microlife, or over-ridingly benefit in water-retention properties?
Should we be that concerned ....as Schauberger seemed to be? The proportion of copper in bronze is obviously less than a "pure" copper contact.
Incidentally, Lee Valley also sold longish copper strips -1-inch wide for slugs in the garden for its electro/chemical reaction.
.......manfred