Hi Lloyd, Jose, Tim

I am part way through reading Albrecht vol 1 and have some questions.

1. Are there different CEC ratios for different crops?

2  Are there different CEC ratios for different soil Ph?

3  Are there different CEC ratios for different soils?

I grow ornamental crops ie perennial flowers and all year round
harvesting of cut ferns.
I have a heavy clay soil and all my crops require a ph of between 5-6

In vol 1 Albrecht is mainly discussing grain and lequme crops that grow
in  a ph range 6-7. As i have been reading  the above qeustions have
come to mind. Any thoughts please.I am working with soils that have been
thrashed to death after 20 years  of chemical farming. All my crops are
perenials and take 2 years to replace  and bring into full production
again. Progress is very slow and i still have a very large morgage to
clear before i achieve a level of sustainability.

Thankyou
Tony Robinson
Rambler FLowers
New Zealand