Hello bdnow friends,

What would be beneficial to plant under apple trees?

Bonnie of Froghaven in Washington state here.

I've got my biodynamic preps and am ready to use them.  My interest in
this is longstanding , having been a student of anthroposophy for a very
long time.  Thank goodness for the Internet,  otherwise I would never
have known about the Oregon Biodynamic group.  Last fall I went to their
prep making and it was wonderful. On my own I would never have had the
resources or knowledge available to put this into action. Many thanks to
those of you from that group who are on this list.

Last fall was a time of great change on many levels. One week before
September11th, I  left a job I had been at for over two years and took
off in my own direction. I'm doing garden design and maintenance. That
is to help with finances while I figure out how to do some kind of
market garden.

It's always amazing how things move when it's time for movement and if
one is open to the changes. I just try to accept all with grace. I've
been looking for this for a very long time; wondering what I'd be when I
grew up<G>

I'm nearly finished with a basic horticulture class at the local
community college. I just did a presentation on the soil food web and
making compost tea. There was a lot of interest in using horticultural
practices that did not use chemical fertilizers or pesticides.  I didn't
even introduce biodynamics, although I did mention it, along with
permaculture and One Straw Revolution.  That is as far as the general
public is. They are just being introduced to something new. We make
inroads slowly and as others are comfortable with "new" stuff. In the
meantime we can do what we know to do and learn from one another as we
go.

I really appreciate you all,
Bonnie York