On Thursday, April 4, 2002, at 08:03 AM, Anthony Nelson-Smith wrote:

> Bonnie - surely there must be a tighter definition than this ?  Most
> food
> ingredients and prepared foods, booze, medicines,  many textiles and
> rugs,
> wooden structures and timber (for example) are 'plant products'.

The exact wording in the document is "plant products". They are
proposing to create a clean list of approved substances. Anything not on
their list wil come under scrutiny. I would love to have someone else
read the doc and tell me I'm full of feathers.

Please, someone reassure me that I'm wrong.

There is always the possiblity of this being broadly interpreted. Look
what happened to Stevia for years because it might pose a threat to the
sugar industry.

Bonnie