Thanks for the responses.  Our land is certified
organic.  My interest in BD was prompted by our lack
of progress in soil fertility with the typical organic
practices.  Unfortunately, we do not have livestock
now; too many demands from the day job.

> Have you tried the catalyst effect to get some of
> this calcium functioning -
> calcium nitrate /molasses sugar or sugar and vitamin
> B12 - or for certified
> land, calcium lignosulfonate instead of cal nitrate

I've been using compost tea in the vineyard for the
last year or so, but just now applying it to the crop
ground.    Molasses is one of the ingredients.

> > We've been advised that applying sulfur to the
 > What form of sulfur was recommended?

"Flour of sulphur"  was recommended; I am just looking
into the issue now.    > >

> Can we see your soil test numbers

Here they are--taken Jan. 2000.  Test taken prior to
applying 1/2 ton high cal lime per acre, some compost
and several green manure crops.

Organic matter:  1.8
CEC 12.6
K  3.4