Pam DeTray wrote:

> OK this will make you laugh-- when I read your message, I had to do an Internet
>search to find my sprayer! Couldn't remember, and it's over at the farm! Yep, I'm
>blonde.
> It's an SB2, and I found their web site, so will spend some time studying whatever
>they have. The store I went to didn't have any Solo sprayers, but the clerk
>recommended this one. I hope it will work for compost teas, but it does say high
>pressure.
> I still would appreciate reading about others' experience with and knowledge of
>these things. I'm a little overwhelmed by it right now, but I hope it will help me
>manage the land properly.
> Pam

Hi Pam. A 15 litre sprayer will do the job perfectly for you.
Pressure is determined by nozzle size and how often you pump the handle.
When spraying get into a rhythm ie 1 step 1 pump with the handle. I can
cover about 1/2 acre this way in about one hour .
For nozzles i use a Fan nozzle that gives a spread of about 1-1.5 metres
wide. For Ground sprays ie 500, Barrel Compost, Compost Teas Foliars
sprays I use a size 5 or 6 [large hole] a course spray. For
501,eqiusetum, i use a size 2 nozzle  a fine spray. I clip this to back
of knapsack into the wand holder face the nozzle to the back and awway
you go.
When loading and unloading use a box or table ,much easier on the back.
I only fill mine to 10 litres not so heavy on the back.
My sprayers last about 10 years before they wear out.
When starting from scratch keep your area small do not get to big to
quickly. Read John Jeavons book HOw to Grow more Vegatables" than you
ever thought possble on less land than you can imagine" It is full of
some useful ideas.
Good luck
Cheers Tony
PS We are all blonds in our family of four it the best hair color in the
world.