The perfect pump is air, how many gallons are you brewing???  Air is the best
mover of water... SStorch
I have 25 acres of grapes to treat and will use a 1,000 litre (approx. 250
gallon) tank to brew in. Due to time constraints etc. I'd like to brew
enough to do the whole vineyard in one go.

I do have a continuous duty air pump (heavy duty) and currently only one
12" pond aeration style air stone. I planned to order small bubble
diffusers too. Have listers had better experience using aeration hose ?

I will need to pump to get the tea out as it would be a real task to lift
the 1,000 litre poly tank higher than my sprayer.

Another question though - my sprayer has a diaghram pump what PSI are
people spraying at ? using T Jet nozzles and swirl plates and size and
pattern are you spraying with ?

>Could the original poster please repost the link to vortex pumps ? thanks
>I am looking for the "perfect" pump for my compost tea brewer

Laura - You do not need to pump compost tea to brew it. You do need
to pump it out of the barrel, if you want to filter it in the
process, but you don't need to even do that if you just open a drain
at the bottom of the tank and let gravity do the work.

What you do need is an excellent airpump and excellent aeration hoses
that will infuse the water with oxygen and agitate the compost at the
same time.

None of the better brewers circulate the tea itself. -Allan

Laura Sabourin
Feast of Fields Inc
Demeter Certified Vineyard & Farm  http://www.ragdolls.net/vineyard.htm
Ragenesque Ragdoll Cattery http://www.ragdolls.net/ragenesq.htm