I have noticed Saturn having stong effects on things but this works on a ten,and  thirty years cycle approximately. Saturn takes one year to cover the ground that the moon covers in one day on average. As you mention Jupiter has about one season in each constelation. Mercury has its retrograde cycle in a different contstelation each year. This year it is in the Earth elements of Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. One thing that is often noticable in N.Z. is that it usually coincides with long or heavy snow seasons. We could well be into Mid December before the warmer weather settles in again.
Regards,
Peter.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: St John's Tide and bd remedies

Dear Robin,
 Excellent web page. May I suggest you look at the paragraph on 'Lunar Movements and Tides'. Last sentence. As the earth rotates, the bulge follows the side facing the Moon so there is a high tide about every 6 hours. Here we only get a high tide every 12 hours.

My original question on root, leaf, flower or fruit years was not answered fully.

<< Could some one expand on this intensify the 501 and what determines a root,
leaf, flower or fruit year? It's new to me.

Could the influence of Jupiter and the background constellation determine the influence year?

Jupiter takes 11.86 years to circle the Sun. So Jupiter as seen from Earth stays in the same constellation for about 1 year.  Jupiter moves into Cancer 20th of July this month. So if this is correct we are now moving towards a leaf year. could someone confirm this?
Peter.