Sharon - Yes, I realise what you'd done:  do it myself, sometimes,
unthinkingly!  Retaining the original subject field does make it a little
hard to follow, as the nature of the thread changes, tho'.  Best to give the
current topic plus (was... )in brackets.  It's sometimes a bit hard to know
when to change - like I'm now going to comment obliquely on the main topic
of your posting!
We have about one-and-three-quarters of an acre of rather wet land, of which
about a third is ornamental plus veg garden, another third uncultivated but
tamed (grass cut, brambles occasionally removed, trees and shrubs
periodically trimmed) and the remaining third wild (rush-dominated paddock;
willows, alder and birch; brambles, nettles and bracken rampant).  We also
have a spring-fed stream linking a number of small ponds, so we enjoy plenty
of wildlife.  We don't grow all the veg that we need, but tend to buy
locally from farmers we know (no-one BD, few organic, no box scheme!).  The
usual story - I agree with you, but should do more.
                                    Tony N-S.