Now that I am working on an acres scale again, and moving materials about,
the issue of how much of what you can get in what size cart thing is ever
present.

I recently bought a wheeled swivel jack for my trailer (4x6 by 16" high, 32
cubic feet filled flush, more if you mound it) to make it a three wheeled
affair that can be hand pushed in the orchard. It can also be pulled by the
little lawn tractor we use for spraying, hauling, mowing, etc.

Now, we also have a little trailer for the tractor that is about half the
size of the big one at 15 cubic feet, still twice the size of even a big
wheelbarrow. This too could be tricked out with a third swiveling wheel in
front, a pair of cart handles a la David Tresemer (see his Handcart
Handbook) and shazam! a big human powered cart!

I will say when these things are filled with several hundred pounds or more
of stuff it is pleasant to put Ahriman to work to haul them. Even a little
lawn tractor can be set to creep forward while you spread compost, rock
dust, wood chips, etc, out of the back of the trailers....and reins can be
made to steer, etc. We disable the rider on safety feature by putting a
couple of big rocks in the seat.

In the days of the horse, wagon wheel carts holding more than a cubic yard
were commonplace, and using Tresemer's plans there is no reason why a two
wheeled cart could not be made to haul 800 to 1000 pounds, on level firm
ground with good wheels I can pull or push that....

http://villageearth.org/atnetwork/atsourcebook/chapters/agtools.htm#The%20Ha
ndcart%20Handbook

Frank Teuton---has carted about a few cubic yards of compost and stuff....

- comes out at 199.98 us