Thank you, Lily, for reminding me to have compassion for the perpetrators of
this "out-of-balance" situation we are feeling .  I have been struggling with
what to say in the fairbooth to the theme, "Star spangled memories uniting
Bonner County."

I visualize a big picture of the Milky Way over the top of the front of the
booth with a dot representing our solar system and the caption "You are here."
I've seen this in a catalog of posters and tee shirts.  It's not my invention.

This is what I wrote so far.  Anyone have any corrections or additions?

Memories that unite Bonner County

We are citizens of the planet earth in one of ~10,000,000 solar systems in the
Milky Way Galaxy.  All our puny knowledge and technologies pale in comparison to
the forces and relationships that exist as a consequence of our cosmic
citizenship.  It seems like a miracle to us how microscopic things works
too—such things as the DNA and enzymes in all plants and animals and the
bacteria and fungi that live in the soil. This is a gift that has been given to
us by the Creator.

Human consciousness makes it possible for us to help create in our world. We
must be careful to respect  nature and the diversity on our planet and not
pollute or extract so much or give power to institutions or corporations that
throw the whole planet out of balance and send out negative vibrations of greed
and lack of compassion which attract similar vibrations all over the planet.

We can do our part by visualizing a world in peace with high quality food and
medicine available for all.

Best wishes,  Merla

P.S. Bob Wilson, the Extension Agent, returned my phone call just now and he
doesn't think a refractometer is "scientific."  I read him Tony's and Hugh's
explanation that I sent to the list recently and he repeated that it wasn't
"scientific."  I think the suggestion that was given that I learn to use the
refractometer privately is good.  The trouble is that a refractometer is way
down on the priority list for the Barberie household and my only hope of getting
one was with the grant--so it may be a while....I just hope that the test plots
we're doing show more than subtle differences.