Friends -

I've finally prepared a .pdf file for the flyer for the October 4-6
Mid-Atlantic Biodynamic Food and Farming Conference.

If you have any place that you could hang a flyer or if you have a BD
or Biological Farming group  that would appreciate this information,
please contact me off-line and I'll email you a copy of the pdf file
(opens with Acrobat, which is free from www.adobe.com) Contact me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] for you copy. (This will be on the conference web page
when I get it completed)

BD Consultants: the conference is a great thing to recommend to your clients!

I've included the content of the flyer below. The fully formated .pdf
file is much easier to read and use.

-Allan

PS I'll add Steve Storch to the list of speakers just as soon as he
responds to one of my invitations.

PPS Early registration is a tremendous help to us on this end for
planning meals, etc. It's your registration that make it possible to
hold this conference.

The  Mid-Atlantic Biodynamic Food and Farming Conference
Traditional Nutrition and Restorative Farming
  October 4 - 6, 2002 *  Lovettsville, VA
Three days of fun and wisdom while learning how to grow better food
by working with Nature
Presented by Allan and Maura Balliett and the BRC CSA Interns with
support from the Blue Ridge Center for Environmental Stewardship and
the Biodynamic Association of America

Scheduled Speakers and Workshop Leaders
Special Presentation by Howard Shapiro, Founding member of Seeds of
Change and author of the inspirational  Bantam Press book,  Gardening
for the Future of the Earth.

Growing  with NATURE
GLEN ATKINSON (Garuda Biodynamic Consulting)  Glen spoke for us in
Charles Town, WV a  couple of years back. Many people who attended
that event have already signed up for this conference for a chance to
spend more time listening to the  wisdom of this prominent New
Zealand progressive biodynamic practitioner. " His interest has been
mostly focused towards developing Steiner's Biodynamic agriculture
and medical indications using his understanding of traditional
Astrology. This has lead to a simple yet innovative theory and
philosophy as a basis for many practical activities, which take the
form an astrological and biodynamic horticultural consulting
business, using a specially developed homeopathic essences system to
bring out the best in both people and plants."  from his web page
(http://get.to/garuda). Put succinctly, Glen will teach you how to
make homeopathic remedies of Steiner's preps that will make your
agricultural prep applications faster and more effective.
Dr. ELAINE INGHAM (Soil Foodweb Inc)  Leading researcher in methods
of enhancing the life in the soil to the benefit of the crops growing
in it and the people eating those crops. All the buzz about compost
tea has come from Elaine's work and evangelism.
MARK SHEPHERD Mark has much practical experience in developing
perennial food systems (tree crops) for both animals and the human
community.

ALTERNATIVE NUTRITION and HEALING
MARK PURDEY  A tireless researcher, Mark is an organic dairyman from
the U.K. who has found the real source of Mad Cow disease. What he
has discovered will both relieve you and terrify you. Mark was the
recipient of  ACRES USA's Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001.
WILL WINTER  A featured speaker at last year's ACRES USA conference
and a leading writer and speaker on holistic animal health
JERRY BRUNETTI, (Agri-Dynamics) Maximizing pasture health, livestock
health and human health.

SUBTLE ENERGY: BIODYNAMICS / COSMICULTURE / ORGONOMY
Dr. JAMES DeMEO, (Orgone Biophysical Research Lab) Author of
Saharasia. Leading researcher with the Reich Cloudbuster and a
prominent rainmaker
HUGH LOVEL (Union Agricultural Institute) America's foremost
biodynamic teacher, author of  A Biodynamic Farm for Growing Healthy
Vegetables and America's leading practitioner of Cosmiculture,
HUGH COURTNEY, (The Josephine Porter Institute) Hugh makes most of
the high quality  biodynamic preps used in  North America. Brewer of
the Pfeiffer Field spray and Pfeiffer Compost Starter. He will teach
you how to use them and much more!

REGISTRATION: CONFERENCE FEE $125 for full-paid pre-registration.
$150 at the door.. Two lunches are provided. Free camping. The
conference is 70mi from Washington DC and 20 min. from Dulles
Airport. To make reservations: Call (540) 668-6165 or email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Late breaking information at our
web page: www.gardeningforthefuture.com (under active preparation)

The Mid-Atlantic Biodynamic Food and Farming Conference
Mailing Address: 36824 Pinehill Lane, Purcellville, VA 20132 * (540)
668-6165 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.gardeningforthefuture.com