<not suffecient for my needs, but a start! -Allan>

Domaine Leflaive, now completely managed by Anne-Claude Leflaive, is
renowned througout the world for consistently offering some of the
finest white Burgundies. What struck me on my visit here is Madame
Laflaive's obsession with improving an already admirable production.
A few years ago she decided to shift the domaine's vineyards to
organic viticulture because she noticed the damage caused by years of
chemical treaments. A short time later she again shifted the
viticuture, this time to the more radical bio-dynamic system utilized
by Lalou Bize-Leroy, Michel Chapoutler, and Nicolas Joly (of Coulee
de Serrant) among others. Bio-dynamic viticulture is beyond organic,
with such issues as the phases of the moon playing significant roles.
Some people think bio-dynamic farming is rubbish, poking fun at the
nettle teas that are blended in grounded (sic) 'dynamizers" and
dismissing as cultist to eschew chemical pesticides and fertilizers.
I understand the moon moves oceans and therefore may have an effect
on the sap in the vine, but I have trouble with some of the more
farfetched theories behind this practice. However, I am certain of
the quality of the products emanating from several of the domaines
practicing biodynamic viticulture. I also know when Madam Leflaive
served me blind two samples of the 1995 Batard (vinified identically
and from the same parcels), one from bio-dynamic viticulture and the
other from organic farming, I easily gravitated to the bio-dynamic
one. It tasted more precise, and possessed more fruit and length