To: BdNow
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 6:03 PM
Subject: OT:FW: [globalnews] Bush's Attack on Civil Rights: We Must NOT Be GoodGermans

From: "Donald Stacey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: URGENT: Overview of Changes to Legal Rights (in the United §tates)
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002

Alright, all you folks out there who think this concern about our losing
our rights is just the whining of extremists. It is hard to believe that
there are any such folks given what we see happening every day but sad to
say there are.

So here is an article on this very subject from the ASSOCIATED PRESS! It is
not from some obscure independent source. It is from the mainstream media!

There is no room to doubt that we have lost essential rights. The
Constitution is being openly violated. Our Bill of Rights has been
decimated.

We are in the exact same position as the "good Germans" were during the
30's. It was clear that Hitler was destroying their rights but they did
nothing. Had they resisted earlier, they could have stopped Hitler's coup.
The good Germans far outnumbered the NAZIS just as the good Americans far
out number these sick folks who are trying to take over our country!

Ahh, you are against terrorism and support the government in its war
against terrorists? Great. But you must know that YOU can be considered a
terrorist and if you are you don't have a prayer of getting out of it. They
will just pack you away without anyone knowing what happened to you and
that will be it. Cmon. This is not a war against anyone but us. It is all
about getting control over the American people. It should be clear as a
bell to everyone at this point.

If we wait much longer it will be too late to resist. So what do you think?
Change the channel to another game or get up and do something?

Your choice. And your children and grand children's lives will be immensely
affected one way or the other.

Don Stacey

It will help if you send this message on to as many people as you can.
Americans have to wake up before it is too late.

---

From:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-sept-11-legal-rights-gla
nce0905sep05.story

Overview of Changes to Legal Rights
By The Associated Press

September 5, 2002

Some of the fundamental changes to Americans' legal rights by the Bush
administration and the USA Patriot Act following the terror attacks:

* FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: Government may monitor religious and political
institutions without suspecting criminal activity to assist terror
investigation.

* FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: Government has closed once-public immigration
hearings, has secretly detained hundreds of people without charges, and has
encouraged bureaucrats to resist public records requests.

* FREEDOM OF SPEECH: Government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any
other records if they tell anyone that the government subpoenaed
information related to a terror investigation.

* RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Government may monitor federal prison
jailhouse conversations between attorneys and clients, and deny lawyers to
Americans accused of crimes.

* FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE SEARCHES: Government may search and seize
Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror
investigation.

* RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL: Government may jail Americans
indefinitely without a trial.

* RIGHT TO LIBERTY: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being
able to confront witnesses against them.

See also:

"Rage, Rage, Against the Dying Light" -- Civil Liberties Since September 11th
http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/09.10A.jvb.rage.htm

------
Be the change you want to see in the world.
--Gandhi

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2287381.3722242.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705060682:HM/A=1212975/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/grp/300_mapG/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>