At 09:13 AM 09/22/02 -0400, Allan wrote:
>Eat lots of food that is grown with proper use of the biodynamic preps
>and, of course, do not forget to eat your root vegetables!! -Allan

Interesting that you should say that, Allan.  Unlike any other year in my
memory, this year I have been positively driven to preserve food from my
amazingly abundant garden.  Usually I tuck away only the root
vegetables.  This year I've canned many, many, many sauces and preserves,
dehydrated many things, and frozen foods as well. As I said, I usually
store only root vegetables and squashes.  This year is different.  On some
intuitive level, it feels as though I'm preparing for hard times.

Essie