> As an example for the simple work I do with biodynamics; last Winter I had
> some six scientists from Cornell to the farm to show them some of my
methods.
>  This farm has been in cultivation since 1640.  We currently have 300-600
> pounds of earthworms per acre on most of this land.  This farm has gone
> through the war years using conventional chemicals up until the mid
seventies
> when the conversion to organics and biodynamics began.  These scientists
came
> and went never to be heard from again.
Steve - If they say much about what they saw at your place, they are
probably gonna be looking for a new job, after all, they have spent most of
their life in a system that says that its impossible to do these things. We
have Elaine Ingham 'in conversion' but scientists with her amount of grit
are rare, most of 'em are very comfortable wearing blinkers!!
When you have the time I would like to hear some details about your farm -
acreage, rainfall, soils, what you grow and how you sell, history, how you
came to be there, all the mundane background stuff that you probably think
nobody would be interested in. Maybe during this winter??
Cheers
Lloyd Charles