Hi all,

I have not dropped off the face of the earth.  I am very much here but
oh so busy that I can't read my emails or really sit down and think
about issues and contribute to the threads of conversation.

This past weekend I was part of a planning committee that led a Quaker
Quarterly Meeting on the theme "Lightning Candles in the Dark."  I spent
my free time making ceramic frogs and turtles.

I have 10 frogs, but eight of them are huge and although they are within
the weight limit of my luggage, probably not within the size limit
counting the packing that is needed to protect them from being thrown
around by airline attendants.  I won't really know until the last minute
because I am so far behind and am struggling to make my final firing
tonight.

Probably turtles are out of the question.  Last time I transported
turtles in my luggage, they arrived with their heads severed.  Frogs
don't have any appendages sticking out.

I am so looking forward to seeing you all and participating in the
Conference.  My friends and family have all encouraged me and the
logistics of being picked up at the airport are in place from a Quaker
family who live in Manassas.

Thank all who have cheered me on...

Best,

Merla