We drove to Canada Sunday to buy some BD manure from Aurora Farm for
making 500 and BC.  Woody greeted us.  (Barbara was gone on a trip.)  He
showed us the burial spot of his old cow and his compost piles and we
talked about storing preps.  He served us Chia tea and biscoti in the
barn.  His barn and house were built by a solar-minded architect and are
well done and sited atop a butte overlooking the whole Purcel Trench .

Unfortunately, US customs wouldn't let us take the manure into the US so
we had to backtrack and return the excrement of the sacred cow back to
the Aurora Farm barn.  Woody was gone.  I retrieved one small cowpie and
hid it in my purse.  I sat still in my seat as we went back through
customs.  Herb chatted with the inspector as they looked in the now
empty barrel about how he was going to shovel up the stuff that drops
out on the road in Sandpoint when the cattle semis come through from
Canada with cows for slaughter in US processing plants.  I will have my
cow horn filled with BD manure, the BC is another thing.

The next closest BD farm is Victor, Montana, but it's too far.  I will
have to try and find an organic cow in Sandpoint.

Best,

Merla