The whole parasite cycle is aided and abbetted by conventional livestock practices which try to overcome poor management through the regular administration of anti-parasite toxins. The holistic approach is substantially different. Couple this with livestock that has been bred for parasite resistance and you have another level of defence. And, of course, confine all felines to batteries. -Allan
Allan - I wasn't, of course, myself proposing that feedlot-reared animals are in any way superior - just pointing out that this parasite scare might provide another reason to bad-mouth organic farming. However, given that Toxoplasma infests such a relatively large number of humans (and, I suppose, cats) with an apparently high level of tolerance, I wonder whether resistance has, in fact, been bred into holistically reared stock? Tony N-S.

Choose an Internet access plan right for you -- try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp