Greetings Roger and fellow list members,
I like your quote that the  "The Universe is infinite, therefore there are
infinite possibilities,"
The possibilities are only in what we are capable of thinking, and then
believing what we think.
Do you think that it is possible that we are already living in this plane of
life bearing worlds which you have hypothesised.. Maybe it is possible that
we may be already highly evolved in the scheme of things. With our abilities
to think and rationalise it is just possible that any problem that we create
we are capable of solving.
Each generation is charged with the task of repairing the problems which
have been created by the previous generations.
 The real problems are not caused by malevolent people, but by common
ordinary people committed to an ideal, whose actions sometimes turn out to
be irrational  after the event.
Who knows what problems we will create with our philosophy of organic
farming, just as we have created the problems around chemical,
industrialised farming..
Only constant questioning and reviewing of the results will ensure that our
ideals of good healthy food  does not degenerate into just another health
problem caused by malnutrition in our foods.
 If there are not a full suite of nutrients in the soil the crops  will be
starved, and subsequently the life forms which eat them.. The question
becomes "what is the best way to apply these nutrients, or to bring them
manifest into the physical realm"?
Are we stuck with applying substances to the soil to get results, or is
there a role for magic in farming? What could be more magical than putting
manure into a cow horn, leaving it in the ground over the winter, then
sprinkling it out over the soil. The only problem with this is that there
are not enough cow horns in the world for this to be the system of the
future. There is a real problem when we have to kill our sources of
fertility just to get two horns to put manure into the ground.
We can see so many problems it is difficult to know just where to start..To
know just where the realms of spiritual fantasies,as mentioned by Hugh,
begin and what is achievable. The middle ground that hugh proposes as being
the message of  Christ and the Buddha can only be maintained by mapping our
course and being prepared to steer by our map. You cant have a middle ground
without knowing where that is. I dont know where the middleground will be in
farming of the future. Does anyone on the list have any ideas of what
farming in fifty years time may look like, and how we will get there?.
Greetings to Wizards from all over the world, from the land of the Wizards
of Oz.
James