I hadn't even considered that I was depleting the soil
doing this.  I guess that I struggle with that concept.  Isn't this really
how nature's system works and nutrients get recycled?
Michelle - In nature's system the animal's carcass and all the nutrients stockpiled therein also eventually gets deposited in the field, but, here in real-life, I bet you ship yours off to Kansas City by the ton.

Although this is the major argument why grassfed is not truly sustainable, aren't a lot of nutrients also coming from the atmosphere so that it is possible recycle manure while harvesting meat and still be break-even on the nutrient scale(s)?

-Allan