By the way, what will you do with all the money? Are there BD farms in the Caymans?
It's Funny, Nancy. Having been doing this so long, my needs for financial support have been sort of a concise history of the development of desktop technology. We've moved from needing more diskettes, to begging for zip disks to just this morning installing a 60gb firewire disk (the better to capture Hugh with!) You realize, of course, that the Ballietts live in a subsistence fashion, with very little available cash. When tech stuff, like storage media is needed, that's when contributions or support is essential. (This time, however, it was a hog that made the sacrifice for us.) Doing work like this upcoming educational event with Hugh Lovel will be a draw on this very small reserve. (Again, as I'm sure you are aware, the Amazon process will generate the price of about one zip disk a year, but, why shouldn't it?) But the goals are beyond all of us and plenty of intentional suffering is in order and is not the least self-indulgent.

I want to aknowledge the support that has made it possible for me to attend ACRES this year. So much good comes for so many when this group gets to network with teachers whose insights are tangential to those of this community. Mark Purdy became a friend of BD Now! through our meeting with him at ACRES last year, the same with Elaine Ingham. Who knows what will come from this year's trip?

I've set up a paypal account for receiving donations to BD Now! The address is simple: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Used at http://www.paypal.com)

You know, down time this season was supposed to be the first vacation in, what, 10 years. With the foot (that now glows in the dark!) and with new financial burdens, that's not happening. In fact, I guess, the grindstone has worked through the nose and is abrading the front teeth right now.

Back to work!

-Allan