Michael,

For sure there's plenty of places where horn manure does not freeze. Parts
of California, Texas, Florida, etc.  the ground never freezes at all. And
there's India, New Zealand, much of Australia, Egypt--lots of places. If
you buried it deep enough it wouldn't even freeze in your northern
lattitudes. I question if it ever has frozen a foot deep here in any year
that I've buried horn manure.

Best,
Hugh