Rose,

My first gardening book in 1979 was How to Grow More Vegetables on Less
Land Than You Can Imagine by Jean Jeavons, and I've always used French
intensive beds since then.  Also first published in 1979 was a wonderful
Book Culture and Horticulture by Wolf Storl which is much deeper and
requires much more intellect as well as study and rereading to
understand it, but it is more understandable than many Bio-Dynamic
texts.  The whole corpus of knowledge you need will have to develop over
a period of time.  Storl covers the Calendar in Ch. 17 and the
Preparations in Ch. 18.  You may order the book and the Calendar and the
Preparations already made from The Josephine Porter Institute for
Applied Biodynamics at P.O. Box 133, Woolwine, Virginia 24185.  I
believe the phone is (276) 930-2463.  They have no email address.  New
BD gardeners usually start with Barrel Compost and Horn Manure (BD 500)
in the spring.  They buy their Compost preps and put into a
well-constructed compost pile made with cow manure.

There are many, many books, newsletters and an on-line Bio-Dynamic
course on <http://www.oregonbd.org> where you may have found this
list/serve.

I am still learning all this.  Many farmers on this list are quite
accomplished and have probably read all of the books that have ever been
written on the subject and are now doing innovative work in their own
right.  So just lurk awhile and read.

Best wishes,

Merla