Dear Tony,

Thanks for the insight on blowtorch handyness! Once more immediate tool needs are met, perchance I'll invest in one once funds become available.
Brgrds,
-Lily
In a message dated 12/18/2002 4:33:24 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Subj:Re: sealant for cut tree limb?
Date:12/18/2002 4:33:24 PM !!!First Boot!!!
From:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent from the Internet

So, if there's no weeping, perhaps nothing needs
>doing?
>Thanks also for the chuckle--of all the tools I've thought of
>needing/getting, a blowtorch never entered my mind ;)
>-Lily

Lily - You're probably right - at this time of year, weeping is unlikely
anyway;  however, charred wood is less likely to rot.
A blowtorch (the modern kind, a jet which screws onto a camping-gas can) is
very useful for selectively dealing with weeds in (for example) paving,
rough walls etc.  I use a massive flamethrower-type setup to discourage the
re-shooting of willow stumps as I gradually clear a wet plantation;  it's
quite good for weeding an entire patio at one sweep, but I have to remember
that a killing heat projects about ten feet ahead of the flame!  Tony N-S.