Title: Re: Jet Stream

> What do you mean by spikes? (not having
> looked at these type of polar maps before) (Mr) Chris

Chris,
the last 5 or 6 days there have been "punk  hair" spikes pointing to the pole mainly at 00 and 6 UT.
Lloyd maybe correct, my dowse says he is.
But this could be the intense activity of Sol over this unusualy long period of  "Solar max". It was expected end last year and I hear but have not read that the magnetic outter shell is further from the visual sphere then ever recorded (ie in 6 years). Interesting time we & our Sol mates are going through.

Thought that the small world effects could bring in yet other info.

L*L
Markess