Title: FW: [globalnews] A Prayer for World Peace

A Prayer for World Peace

Precious Lord of the Universe:

Today I am laying down all weapons of anger and attack in my thoughts, my
words and my actions.

Today I am laying down the grievances and upsets that have led me to attack
others and brutally assault myself.

Today, I am laying down all thoughts of criticism and judgement, all words
of destructive defensiveness and all acts of vicious vengeance and violence
against myself and others.

Today I ask that you cleanse me of all thoughts and words of aggression, so
that I may take the necessary steps toward being peaceful in my own heart
and offering that peace to the world.

Today, I ask that you remind me how important I am in ensuring the active
presence of peace.

Today, I am opening my heart and sending forth the light of love to all
world leaders.

Today, I am opening my mind to the creation and experience of a world where
aggression and violence sleep forever.

Today, I am opening my eyes to be aware of everything I can do or say that
will promote the presence of peace.

Today, I realize that peace begins with me.

Today, I humbly surrender myself, every thought I think, every word I
speak, everything I do, to the creation, maintenance and advancement of
peace.

Today, I ask for peace, I invite peace in and I dedicate myself to
promoting peace in my every experience.

Let the light of peace reign in me!

May the power of peace shine forth through me!

May peace pervade the world!

Let it be so! And so it is!

- Iyanla Vanzant
--
"More valuable than standing armies is a vision that has found its time."

- Victor Hugo