However the fish in the pond have some choice as to what they eat.  In a
tank or in any industrial animal operation, you are essentially engaging
in force feeding.  The issue to a biodynamic farmer, who takes into
account the spiritual effects of his/her methods, would be how those
methods support the development and quality of life of the animals
involved--not just the human beings at the top of the food chain.  It
seems to me that animals raised in confinement are being treated like
machines, something I would think we in biodynamics would not endorse as
healthy sound spiritual husbandry.
Deborah
******