Yesterday I flushed a beautiful robin in hoophouse number 1. She appeared to be looking for worms and had not touched any of the beautiful brassica sprouts boiling from the beds.

This is the first robin I've seen this year. As you are probably aware, the Mid-Atlantic is still knee deep in snow. (Our low tunnels are still all but invisible in the crusted ice-like snow.)

Given the zone gain created by double 6mil greenhouse plastic, I'll expect to start seeing robins outdoors in about 15 days.

-Allan

PS Necessary disclaimer for posterity: I did see the robin in the hoophouse yesterday, but I'm teasing with the conclusions I drew from that