Glad to hear the slide show comes across even
at slow speeds.

The girl is in our meditation group.

The flower is Datura, the perennial kind.

I tried the annual daturas as well, and they dropped
seed.  I will never plant annual datura again, it is no
wonder they are so weedy on manure piles; they are
prolific.

The two flower beds are both weed-barrier gardens.

The girl is standing next to a roadside flower bed
that is 100' x 10', all done on weed barrier, alongside
a rural road about 15 miles outside of town, with
no irrigation. It had hydrogel underneath the weed barrier,
it relied on selection of plants adapted to low-maintenance,
and it relied on rainfall.  Perennials are the most important
component, but the annuals are also important.   I learned
a great deal from working with plants and seeds on this
bed for 5 years, then I took it out because an electric fence
for sheep pasture was installed right across the bed.  It was
installed as a demonstration of the weed barrier + hydrogel
method, and to experiment with plants and permaculture
design.

The roadside flower bed as a weed-barrier garden
literally appeared to me in a day dream, along with this poem:

"The beauty of the Earth,
Fills my eyes,
With a pounding heart,
My spirit soars"

The other weed barrier is in a yard, so it was designed
differently.  It has wood chips as a pathway that curves
through the 15' x 60' bed.  Thus, you create planting "beds"
by sculpting wood chip pathways; the exposed weed barrier
thus creates a "bed."  This flower garden is still in use and the
owner, a lady friend, loves it.

Steve Diver