In a message dated 3/18/03 8:51:58 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Tony Robinson (Rambler Flowers) will probably remember digging up his horn
clay when I gave a workshop at his place in August of 2000. It was one of
the best examples of fungal (mycorrhyzal) development I've seen in horn
clay. But, of course, I haven't seen as much horn clay as all that because
it isn't so widely made as yet, having not been specifically recommended in
the Agriculture Course. Nonetheless, I have slides of Tony's horn clay and
you can see the rich fungal development. This is what you want on your
plant roots. Mycorrhyzal colonization of plant roots can increase the
mineral uptake of a plant by a factor of 10 or more. >>

We have observed extensive mycorrhizal development in the soil of the 501
pits at jpi, a heavy clay soil...sstorch