[Thanks for the gandhi quotes]
As to the controversy regarding purges, I support Allan. The list deteriorates if some folks can't keep their discussions polite. That means an occasional action by the authority figure. Sorry we can't all behave as adults, but's that how it is sometimes.

David Robison

I think Eric went off a bit, but we all have our bad days and just letting it go by is a polite and understanding way of dealing with such outbursts.

If people persist in nasty, haranguing, abusive comments a direct reminder/warning from the moderator is usually effective - or even a public reminder on the list perhaps.

If this fails then - "off with his head".

--
Graeme Gerrard