On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 05:18:57PM +0000, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 3 Mar 2012 at 11:49, W. Trevor King wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 02:41:20PM +0000, Niall Douglas wrote:
> > > Attached are various patches for BE, adding zip archive support,
> >
> > This patch doesn't apply to my repository.  For example, it tries to
> > remove a `print modfiles` line that doesn't exist in my branch.  Could
> > you try again.  You can't go wrong with:
>
> Dear, dear I do apologise. From how I generated that patch that
> shouldn't have happened. Must have been tired. I'll go do that again
> and get back to you later.

I never got a clean version of this patch, so I just stripped out the
libbe/util/plugin.py portions of 7f7a7738 and 4632cb6d applied those
to my branch as e55730c6 and 71ec5a1d.  After some cleanup in
831691bd, we've now got functioning zipfile support outsize of Niall's
branch.

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 04:39:12PM +0000, Niall Douglas wrote:
> Regading this patch, I think I've gone one better ...
>
> I wrote a module to fix the auto-generation of __init__.py which can
> be retrieved from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/automodinit/. This
> scans the local directory using pkgutil and rewrites the __init__.py
> file if it has changed. It also uses pkgutil to import all files in
> the module.
>
> This means that BE can scan its tool directory and silently
> self-update. Because it uses pkgutil, it automagically works from
> inside ZIP archive or indeed anything else. Solves the problem, once
> and for all.

I'm not entirely clear on how this works, because I see not calls to
automodinit in your branch:

  $ git log -p ned/master -- | grep 'automodinit\|pkgutil'

Is this what you are using, or is just zip/egg support sufficient?

Cheers,
Trevor