Yes it is. The PRUs are independent and have 1 tick access to their gpio
pins, and something like 3 to 8 ticks (I can't remember exactly) access for
regular gpio pins (they are in system memory, accessible by the pru).

You can find documentation, compiler, and examples here:
https://github.com/beagleboard/am335x_pru_package
And here's a list of the pru-gpio header pins:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As0aJokrBccAdGkxeHkyYW1qRHNQdm5yZDhPQlRNR2c<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As0aJokrBccAdGkxeHkyYW1qRHNQdm5yZDhPQlRNR2c#gid=0>