On 9/30/2013 5:00 PM, Ivan Korman wrote:

>  Code gets stuck when pooling counter value (red bellow) - it  never
> reaches desired value. Did I missed something in initialization? any hint?
>
> Here is code of sample app:

I don't immediately see anything obvious that is wrong with your code.

I have a known working example of using the IEP timers with the PRU, but
I'm using the overflow event rather than polling the count value:

https://github.com/cdsteinkuehler/linuxcnc/blob/MachineKit-ubc/configs/ARM/PRU-Debugger/pruexample.p

I'd recommend grabbing my MachineKit SD card image and single-step
through your code using the debugger that's part of LinuxCNC.  You will
probably be able to easily spot the cause of the unexpected behavior.

If you don't want to grab the whole SD image, there are some other PRU
debugging tools available, but I haven't used them recently and can't
vouch for how well they work:

http://bb-lcnc.blogspot.com/2013/06/beagle-bone-pru-links.html

--
Charles Steinkuehler