Hi Marcus,

I was only general speaking. I just got my BBB and I'm not jet
familiarwith the details of programming
PWMs.
But google gave me this answer:

http://www.phys-x.org/rbots/index.php
?option=com_content&view=article&id=106:lesson-3-beaglebone-black-pwm&catid
=46:beaglebone-black&Itemid=81

Perhaps you can try this.