Here is an
example<http://elinux.org/EBC_Exercise_17_Using_ALSA_for_Audio_Processing> I
wrote for my students that shows how to use ALSA to read in an audio
signal, processes it and send it out again.

fftw <http://www.fftw.org/> has been ported to the Bone.
http://knez.weebly.com/2/post/2013/09/beaglebone-fftw-build.html has
instructions on how to compile it.

It think what you are trying to do is doable, but you'll have to pull
pieces from here and there to make it work.  Once working, be sure to post
instructions on how you got it working.

--Mark