On 10/08/13 19:31, Tim Clark wrote:
> If we're doing wish lists - how about 512K of dual ported ram to connect
> the two processors for some really high speed C data transfers using
> structs and pointers.

ROFLMAO!  And how exactly do you access 512K of any kind of memory with
a 16 MHz AVR (and how long does it take you to do anything useful with
that much data?!?)?  :)

IMHO the whole concept of the Tre is a bit crazy...the AM3359 already
has dual 200 MHz 32-bit controllers that run rings around an AVR
Arduino, but I guess you can't code for the PRUs  using the Arduino IDE.
 Ah well...maybe someone will write a virtual AVR emulator for the PRU,
then you could have *THREE* Arduino's on a Tre!

Oh...and on the already shipping BBB, the PRUs have multi-ported access
to the 512M on-board DDR memory.  Feel free to only use 1/1024 of the
available memory for your wish-list 512K shared memory region.  :)

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net