On Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:45:21 AM UTC-4, engka...@gmail.com wrote:

> Oh well, I got it working. I disconnected the PWM pin in the backlight
> controller an just left it pulled up. I now have a display. But it is a
> console. I though angstrom has gui.

When booting up, most modern linux configurations check for a working
monitor when booting.  If the monitor is there it starts the windowing
system.  If there is no monitor it doesn't.

Considering the window system takes a lot of memory, it just makes sense
not to load it if it doesn't do anything.

If you have a keyboard connected, try logging in and running 'startx" from
the command line.

If you don't have a keyboard connected, then you will need to SSH to the
system...  I'm not sure what the command is from remote...maybe try 'startx
&' ?