HI All

I've installed ubuntu on my BBB -- it works fine.

I then installed the desktop, knowing that it would be a bit resource heavy.
It will be handy when I need to do all the development on the BBB --
without being able to connect
it to my work computer (draconian security restrictions).

Now, I would like to set it up so that it boots to a simple text console,
and only boots to the desktop when
commanded.

This is pretty simple under PC ubuntu -- you just modify grubs, and use
startx when the desktop is required.

How can this be configured on the BBB?

Thanks for your  help, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Kind regards

Matt