I would like an opinion please, on whether or not the BBB is suited to my
intended project.
I need a fast processor that can read a 20 mega samples per second A/D
(Maxim) every 100 nanoseconds.
This means I will probably have to execute (guessing here) 5 to 15
instructions within a 100ns window to capture and store the signal from the
A/D.
Will the overhead of having a Linux operating system allow this kind of
speed or, if not,  can I bypass the OS and work
directly with the processor?
Is it overkill to use the BBB for this or is there something less
complicated available that has the speed I need.
I really don't need most of the other functions except the ability to
program the software I write and use the display
driver for a graphical output.
My SBC background is with much slower, simpler processors like the Stamp
series which are way too slow.
Thanks for any input on this!
Dean